KAS Royal Ventures car rental services terms and conditions are as stipulated below. Customers are strongly advised to read and acquaint themselves with the terms/conditions of the services to be provided.
- “You” in the terms and conditions means the customer/client who has agreed to rent a vehicle and is authorised to drive it.
- “KAS” is the rental venture named in the rental agreement.
- “Vehicle” here means the Car, Bus, Truck, SUV, 4X4, Pickups that KAS is renting to you for the period in the agreement. It includes all parts and accessories fitted in the vehicle at the beginning of the rental.
- “Damage” means any harm caused to the vehicle including lights, mirrors, glasses, tyres. It also means damage to third party property where applicable.
3. RENTAL INFORMATION
To rent a vehicle at KAS Royal Ventures, the following requirements must be met:
- A valid Driving License issued by Driver, Vehicle License Authority (DVLA)
- Driving License must be at least 3 years before the date of the rental.
- A customer shall be 20 years and above for self-drive.
- Shall have a valid international driving license.
- National driving license of the customer.
- Shall have a valid ID or Passport.
- Shall be 20 years and above for self-drive.
4. Chauffeur Driven Option
This option comes with:
- A well trained and experienced Ghanaian driver.
- Driver is paid commission for his/her services including accommodation outside Accra. Customers are not obliged to pay for any service, however, clients if they so wish may give tips to the driver.
- Drivers speak fairly good English language and major local languages.
- All our drivers are trained in defensive driving techniques and have undergone thorough medical screening and certified medically by a competent physician.
The following terms apply to the chauffeur-driven option:
- A minimum of 6 hours and a maximum of 12 hours for a day rental.
- Beyond the maximum hours, an hour gratis is allowed after which any additional time will be surcharged. A minimum of $5 for an hour for saloon car and $10 for SUV, 4X4 and Pickup and $20 for Bus.
- All KAS vehicles are comprehensively insured with a reputable insurance company in Ghana. The Chauffeur is mandated to drive and be in charge of the vehicle at all times.
- Client/Customer is required to inspect and sign the Log sheet including Fuel level and time at the close of each working day
5. SELF DRIVE OPTION
With this option, the customer is responsible to drive the vehicle. The self-drive option is governed by the following specific terms.
- An international or a Ghanaian driving license is required.
- Daily rate covers 12 hrs.
- The Customer/Client will be required to deposit his/her passport with KAS Royal Ventures for the duration of the rental.
- The customer/client must be above 20 years of age,
- Driving experience: A minimum of 5 years.
- The customer/client shall deposit one thousand dollars ($1000.00) or its equivalent in cedis. The amount will be returned to the client if the vehicle is returned without any incident/accident.
6. STATE OF THE VEHICLE
The customer will be adequately briefed on the condition of the vehicle at the time of the signing the rental agreement. The client is required to thoroughly check/inspect the condition of the vehicle in the presence of KAS employee before leaving the office of KAS Royal Ventures. In case a visible defect is found which is not reflected in the vehicle document, the customer shall immediately notify the KAS employee.
The vehicle document shall be amended to reflect the defect and duly signed by the KAS employee and the client. If the document is not signed by both, the condition of the vehicle shall be as the document handed to the client. The vehicle shall be returned in the condition as the client left with it. The customer shall bear the cost of any repairs or refurbishment in addition to the rental cost.
7. VEHICLE USAGE
- The vehicle shall be driven by the customer who rented the car and no any other person. Except when the customer cannot operate the vehicle due to circumstances beyond his/her control such as sickness, physical or mental incapacity or restricted by law.
- The vehicle shall be provided to you with a full tank of the right type of fuel. The vehicle shall be returned to KAS Royal Ventures with a full tank and with the right type of fuel.
- KAS Royal Ventures shall not be liable for any fees, fines and penalties incurred in the cause of operating the vehicles unless it is the fault of KAS Royal. KAS Royal shall not be liable for any offence committed while using the vehicle.
- Customers/clients shall undertake vehicles checks such water, engine oil, automatic transmission levels and tyre pressure.
- The customer shall abide by the maintenance schedule of the vehicle and inform KAS Royal when the vehicle is due for maintenance during the period the vehicle is in his/her possession.
- The customer shall ensure that the vehicle is locked at all times.
8. LIMITATIONS OF THE USE OF THE VEHICLE
- The vehicle shall not be used other than the purpose for which it was rented.
- The vehicles shall not be operated by the driver while under influence of alcohol.
- The vehicles shall not be used to transport illegal drugs including narcotic substances, inflammable items, dangerous goods, and toxic materials, corrosive, radioactive and other harmful substances.
- The vehicles shall not be used to engage in illegal activities such as illegal mining (galamsey), illegal sand winning or any other activity forbidden by the laws of Ghana.
- The vehicles shall not be used to carry anything with bad/offensive odour or anything which will make KAS Royal spend money to fix the vehicle before it can be rented out.
- The vehicle shall not be used to push/tow another vehicle.
- The vehicles shall not be used to teach others how to drive/provide driving lessons whatsoever.
- The vehicle shall not be re-rented to any other person or be used to transport passengers on hire or for a reward.
- The vehicle shall not be used to commit any offence of any nature. The customer shall be liable for any offence committed during the period of renting and using the vehicle.
- The vehicle shall not be used to transport live animal except domestic pets.
9. MAINTENANCE AND MECHANICAL PROBLEMS
The customer is to ensure that the vehicle is well maintained at all times. The customer is responsible for any wilful damage to tyres. Any damage to the tyre other than normal wear and tear would be replaced by the customer at his/her own cost. The tyre shall be of the same brand, size and condition.
In the event of a mechanical problem on the vehicle such as warning lights among others, the customer shall inform KAS Royal immediately. It is the responsibility of KAS Royal to replace or repair the vehicle. Depending on the situation, KAS Royal after consultations may authorise the customer to effect repairs of the vehicle.
When the vehicle is due for servicing the customer shall release the car. In that case, a replacement vehicle shall be provided.
KAS Royal reserve the right to terminate the rental agreement when it determines that the way the vehicle is being used is injurious to KAS Royal.
In case of an accident, KAS Royal shall terminate the rental agreement upon receipt of a copy of a completed Police report and where applicable the third party. KAS may provide another vehicle and amend agreement as appropriate.
In event of theft of the vehicle, KAS Royal shall abrogate the rental agreement once a copy of the theft declaration made by you to the police is received.
KAS shall not be liable for any loss, theft, robbery or damage of whatever nature relating to objects or utensils transported on, or which are found in the vehicle including baggage or goods.
10. RENTAL CHARGES / RATES
The rental charges or rates are as published on KAS Royal’s website, brochures in KAS office at the time of the rental. Rentals for up to six (6) months or more are negotiable. Payment for the rental period shall be required at the beginning of the rental. Advance payment may be accepted before the start of the rentals. Delayed payments shall attract 5% interest per day. In case the contract is abrogated by client, KAS is entitled to 25% retention of the outstanding balance.
11. CANCELLATION POLICY
KAS Royal Ventures has a cancellation policy. The customer may cancel his/her reservation, however, one day notice is required. Any cancellation without notification shall attract one-day rental fee.
12. FORMS / TERMS OF PAYMENT
Customers are kindly requested to make payments in full, latest on the day of travelling.
Payments can be made by:
- Bank transfer into KAS Royal ventures Cedi or USD account at any Zenith bank branch or any ECOBANK branch.
- Mobile Money (MTN. Airtel/Tigo and Vodafone).
- Online payment option is payment by credit/debit cards.
13. INSURANCE POLICY
All KAS Royal Ventures vehicles are covered by Comprehensive Insurance.
14. IMPORTANT NOTICE
Customers are to note that the insurance policy does not cover willful damages such as roof collision with bridges, tunnels, overhanging structures unless force majeure is proven. Therefore, in the event of theft or damage to the vehicle, you shall indemnify KAS; the indemnification shall include the amount corresponding to the repair cost, the resale value of the vehicle, loss of use and administration charges.
NEITHER KAS NOR ITS OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE CONTRACTING PARTY FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY NOR FOR ANY ACTIONS, LAWSUIT OR CLAIMS RELATED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFIT ARISING OUT OF OR INCONNECTION WITH THE RENTAL OR USE OF ANY VEHICLE WHERE THE ACTION IS BASED ON CONTRACT OR IN TORT.